26 May Finding a Temp Nursery Job in 2022
Here at Purple Dove, we’re always looking for suitable candidates looking for a temp nursery job in 2022. We have an extensive range of nurseries on our books, all keen to have temp or ‘bank’ staff for regular work.
This post is aimed at answering all your questions regarding finding a temp nursery job.
- Can you work in a nursery without qualifications?
- How can I get a nursery job with no experience?
- How much do nursery staff earn in the UK?
- What roles are there in a nursery?
- What sort of requirements are there for temp positions?
- How do I apply for a temp nursery job with Purple Dove?
Can you work in a nursery without qualifications?
It is possible for you to work in a nursery, in some positions, without qualifications. Most nurseries recognise that qualifications are an asset, but say you are a student looking for a temp nursery job you will be carefully considered.
So, if you have no qualifications but have patience, enjoy responsibility (and children), a sense of fun, energy, imagination and empathy then we’ll be able to find you a position.
How can I get a nursery job with no experience?
To get into the role of a nursery nurse you won’t necessarily have to have worked in a nursery before. Instead, you could get some experience in looking after children. Working as a babysitter can give some experience, even if it is helping out family members or friends.
Look at any transferable skills you may have had in non-childcare work, organisation, management of any kind can be an asset in the nursery.
How much do nursery staff earn in the UK?
Do check out our Job Board for the range of hourly rates for temp positions. It can vary according to location but a rough guide would be up to £13ph.
What sort of requirements are there for temp positions?
Again, this can vary but the following are the typical requirements for positions we have on the Purple Dove books:
- Be available 3 or more full days per week
- Be available between 8am and 6pm
- Be willing to travel up to an hour
- Have some experience working with the early years (0-5y) age group
- Have a Enhanced Child Workforce DBS issued within 3 months (or signed up to the update service) or be willing to undergo a new one with Purple Dove Recruitment Ltd
How do I apply for a temp nursery job with Purple Dove?
Fill out our application form, please state your available days and time
The link is on each temp job position or you can access it here:
We’ll then arrange a video chat at a time that is mutually agreeable.
Please get in touch to find out the latest positions, there is a high demand especially for students wanting a complimentary nursery position while they study.